Terms and conditions and a waiver apply to all purchases
Terms and conditions
Terms and Conditions – valid from January 1st 2020
This agreement applies to all purchases made online or on-site at any Beta Boulders facility by the prospective customer (the “Customer”). This contract constitutes the understanding between Beta Boulders and the Customer on any products purchased. No other understanding or agreement exists between these parties. No representations, other than those stated herein, have been made by anyone to the undersigned to induce them to enter into this agreement.
The Customer agrees to comply with all Beta Boulders rules, regulations, and policies. The Customer recognise that use of the gym and its facilities and equipment entails certain risks, including risk of bodily harm, which depend among other things on the physical and other conditions of the Customer, his or her training, experience, medical history and fitness, and his or her familiarity with the nature, condition, use, and operation of the facilities and equipment and taking appropriate precautions with respect thereto.
The Customer assumes any and all risk and responsibility for him-or-herself and any heirs, devisees, and personal representatives and releases and discharges Beta Boulders and all partners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, successors, and assigns, and the respective heirs and personal representatives of any of the foregoing, from any and all liability on account of or in connection with the applicant’s use of Beta Boulders’ facilities or any of its equipment.
The Customer, to the best his knowledge and belief is in good health and not knowingly incapable of engaging in either active or passive exercise and that such exercise would not be detrimental to the Customer’s health, safety, comfort, wellbeing or physical condition. Further, that the Customer must advise Beta Boulders immediately should those circumstances change.
On their first visit, the Customer must sign the required waiver and registration form. Customers will be denied access unless the waiver and registration form is fully executed and accepted by the Customer.
The Customers must carry a copy of the online purchase receipt when check-in in at the Beta Boulders facility. Failure to provide a valid receipt might impede the access to the facility by the Customer.
On each and every visit, Customers must check-in at the reception or using the automatic check-in kiosk.
Customers who are found to have accessed the facility without check-in might be liable to a fine equal to 100 times the daily pass applicable at that time. The fine would be immediately payable and Beta Boulders reserve right to use third party collection providers to recover any amount due.
Customers who have acquired any membership or entry pass are entitled to access the Beta Boulders facility only during regular opening hours. Entry to certain areas might be restricted at time due to safety concerns, business reasons, restricted events and/or unforeseen circumstances.
If the entry is denied due to Beta Boulders fault, the Customers will be provided access at a different date. Beta Boulders however, would not be liable for any costs or loss incurred by the Customers due to the access being restricted.
ID might be asked when confirming the identity of the Customer.
All customers below the age of 18 need to bring the Beta Boulders consent form signed by a parent / legal guardian when climbing at our facilities. Additionally, children below the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult. There is a maximum of two children per adult. You can find the consent form in the Terms & Conditions page.
Membership – generic terms and conditions
Membership starts on the day of first check-in at the facility in case of online purchases or on the day of purchase in case of on-site purchase.
Membership cannot be transferred to anyone else and can only be used by the registered Customers associated with the membership. Membership cannot be extended, except by purchasing a new membership under the terms applicable at the time of purchase. Membership cannot be refunded.
Members can request to freeze and unfreeze their membership via the “contact us” form on the website with at least one week notice from the intended freeze date. The minimum freezing period is one month, the maximum three months. Freezing is free once per calendar year, each additional freezing request would incur a charge equal to 2 times the daily pass applicable at the time of request. Membership can be frozen for free for a period up to 9 months upon receipt of a written physician’s recommendation that the Customer cannot physically make use of Beta Boulders facilities, or in the event of a pregnancy.
Should unforeseen circumstances prevent Beta Boulders from delivering use of its facility for any period of time, the Customer agrees that membership will be postponed until Beta Boulders can deliver.
Multi-Entry Pack – generic terms and conditions
Multi-Entry pack are deducted on the day of first check-in at the facility in case of online purchases or on the day of purchase in case of on-site purchase. Multi-Entry grants access to the facility until closing time. No re-entry is allowed within the same day.
Multi-entry cannot be transferred to anyone else and can only be used by the registered Customers associated with the multi-entry pack. Multi-Entry packs can be accumulated by purchasing a new Multi-Entry pack under the terms applicable at the time of purchase. Multi-Entry pack cannot be refunded.
Multi-Entry pack do not expire. However, the Customer might be denied access and asked to re-register at the facility if not check-in has been performed for a period of 12 months.
Single Pass – generic terms and conditions
Single-pass are deducted on the day of check-in at the facility in case of online purchases or on the day of purchase in case of on-site purchase. Single Pass grants access to the facility until closing time. No re-entry is allowed within the same day.
Single Pass packs cannot be transferred to anyone else. Single-Pass packs cannot be accumulated, except by purchasing a Multi-Entry pack under the terms applicable at the time of purchase. Single Pass pack cannot be refunded.
Concessions – generic terms and conditions
Concessions discounted entries can be amended by Beta Boulders in its absolute discretion at any time. Concessions can only be purchased on site, by the concession Customer with presentation of valid applicable ID. Beta Boulders retains right to require additional information from the Customers.
Concessions prices are only valid while the Customers is member of the applicable categories for which the concession applies.
Access to the co-working is only allowed to Customers.
Customers with a Membership can also invite a maximum of ONE Guest for up to 2 hours. Guests must be registered on arrival and departure. Guests extending their stay beyond two hours will be charged the applicable Single Pass rate. If Beta Boulders is not able to claim the Single Pass rate from the Guests, the cost will be charged to the account of the Membership Customer who granted access.
GOOD PRACTICE GUIDELINES: BOULDERING
- Report any problems like spinning or broken holds to staff immediately.
- Do not climb above or below anyone else – climbers doing vertical problems have priority
- Do not walk, sit or stand on the matting in an area where a climber might fall and hit you.
- Always keep an eye on climbers above you as you walk around the centre.
- The onus is on the lower climber or bystander to anticipate any problems that may result from the fall of a climber above them.
- Be aware of other climbers attempting problems on your patch of wall and share the space.
- Have fun and encourage others!
- THE SOFT MAT DOES NOT MAKE BOULDERING ANY SAFER. Broken and sprained limbs are common at this type of wall.
- Avoid uncontrolled falls. They are likely to result in injuries to yourself or others around you.
- Descend either by down-climbing if possible, or by a controlled jump from as low as possible.
- Think before doing a dynamic move about what you might hit on the way up or the way down! Keeping clear of wall structures, lighting, girders etc is your responsibility.
- Keep the mat free of objects and obstructions like bags, clothing, chalk bags, brushes etc.
- Volumes on the walls are designed to enhance the quality of climbing but you must be aware that when climbing above them there is an additional risk of falling onto them.
- Spotting involves helping someone to control their fall, not trying to catch them!
- Do not attempt to spot someone unless you feel confident doing it properly.
- Make sure the climber wants you to spot them!
- A primary purpose of spotting is to ensure the climber’s landing zone is free from objects and other climbers.
- Do not boulder with objects in your pockets. Remove jewellery before climbing.
- Do not attach your chalk bag using a carabiner.
GOOD PRACTICE GUIDELINES: TRAINING AIDS
- Gym equipment in the training area
- The Moonboards
- The campus board
- Finger boards
Injuries through misuse
- These training aids are designed for use by experienced climbers.
- If you use them incorrectly, you could sustain long-term injuries to tendons or ligaments.
- If you are unsure how they should be used, don’t use them until you have been shown how to use them properly.
- Tuition can be arranged by prior appointment. Please speak to a member of staff.
- THE SOFT MAT DOES NOT MAKE TRAINING ANY SAFER. Broken and sprained limbs are common in this type of wall.
- Avoid uncontrolled falls. They are likely to result in injuries to yourself or others around you.
- Keep the mat free of objects and obstructions like bags, clothing, chalk bags, brushes, and gym equipment.
- Do not sit or stand under the training aids when people are using them unless you are spotting them.
- No feet on wooden holds
- The campus board is designed for training moves using only your hands. Using your feet may damage the rungs. Footholds are provided below the campus board for feet if needed.
- The training board has designated footholds to preserve the handholds from damage.
- Be considerate to other users.
- Do not monopolize equipment.